Monday, February 2, 2009

West Hollywood Farmer's Market


My first blog post! If it all looks a bit primitive, please give me some time. I'll work on the design, I'll introduce myself better, etc. Right now, I just want to get it started and see where it leads.

Today, I hit the West Hollywood's Farmer's Market and tasted my way through some great goodies.

The discovery of the day was some amazing Kim Chi from Dave's Gourmet Korean Food. I have visited Korea before, and I knew Koreans love their Kim Chi. I did not get it. Today, I got it. It looked great. These fermented vegetable morsels tasted surprisingly fresh and retained their crunch. One particular mixed-vegetable Kim Chi built up pleasant peppery spices in your mouth. After a minute or so, it did get quite hot. Dave was all prepared for this, and he give me a sample of tofu, which neutralized the spiciness just in time. A very nice spicy condiment that plays well with others!

A cherry danish from La Boulangerie was intended as a snack, but it filled me up satisfyingly, and I skipped lunch. Thierry, the owner of La Boulangerie, is clearly someone who loves his craft, and I look forward to exploring more goodies from him. On the way home, I did snack on some wonderful Lemon Almonds from Alex's Fruits and Nuts. Count on a blog item on them in the near future.

I also brought back some beautiful purple heirloom tomatoes from Bonsall Farms, which will serve as a light supper tonight with some wine and cheese.

1 comment:

  1. here is the photo link to this wonderful little farmer's market.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dosomething/sets/72157613295224138/

    ReplyDelete